COASTOUR - Sustainable and Resilient Transformation of the Rural Coastal Tourism Industry
Total project budget: 1 215 002,12 Eur
Duration: 36 months (2023-2026)
The main aim of the project is to develop a sustainability monitoring framework and open access self-assessment tool to monitor the sustainability performance of at least 80 SMEs in the tourism sector across 5 countries, whilst boosting their awareness, development and capacity in the area of sustainable innovations.
COASTOUR project’s focus is on sustainable and resilient transformation of the rural coastal tourism industry. Consortium partners, hereby 2 Destination Management organisations,1 University and 4 BSO organisations represent coastal rural areas in 5 countries: Denmark, Lithuania, Italy, Portugal and Slovenia.
- Increasing the competitiveness, resilience and sustainability of European rural coastal tourism SMEs;
- Transnational capacity building;
- Strengthening of sustainability advisory support ecosystem synergies with already existent European sustainability frameworks and tools;
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of the existing EU sustainability frameworks and schemes.
- North Denmark EU-Office (DK) - Coordinator
- Danish Coastal and Nature Tourism Fund (DK)
- Promos Italia (IT)
- The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ponta Delgada (PT)
- University of Primorska, Center for Development and Knowledge Transfer (SI)
- Klaipeda Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts (LT)
- Azores Destination Management Organization (PT)